Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 25, 2009

school daze

i know i know..i loved school so i've never left. but i think i'm over my secondary school fixation. don't get me wrong. as a place, my secondary school worked for me. academically challenging and structured. just the way i like it. it's silly to wonder what may have happened if i'd have gone to the local public high school (at which a friend now teaches).

i went to a reunion earlier this year. i have now got all that reunion stuff out of my system and probably wont go again. the girl i thought was quite cool, isn't. she's still stuck in the 16 year old mentality...she's 38. get over it. another who's a flash doctor deliberately chose to not talk to me. i mean puh-lease! i'm not losing sleep over it. my life is richer for her not being in it.

but one thing i did like and was my favourite piece at this year's winter choir school was the school prayer. i'll put the text in so you can share it:

Except the Lord build the house,
their labour is but lost that build it.

Build Thou the House then, O Lord,
for Thine own work

Build it as Thou wouldst have it.

Though we see not the plan of the building,
teach us that we may not mar Thy work.

And the building that Thou buildest
shall stand, and shall not fall,
and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.


i have no idea who wrote it so i can't credit it. i'm hoping it's a new zealand thing so i can make a tie in with yesterday being new zealand poetry day.

No comments: