Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 22, 2009

before the parade passes by....

yesterday i backed up and did security again. it was for the cuba st carnival. i enjoyed myself. i was assigned to the mainstage. there was a continuous stream of performers...most of them i was meh about. but the wellington international ukelele orchestra played and that's where (and when) the shit hit the fan.

i have some history with them...a couple of years ago they tried to set a record for the most ukes playing together so i have played with them...they rock!

back to my story...there must've been 20,000 at the ukelele orchestra event...and in their wisdom the company i was volunteering for put three women on the gate. now girls rock and we are tough...but the girls we had (including me) were not a match for the crowd. i radioed for back up with visions of me being stampeded to death going through my mind. some hot boys turned up and took control which was fine by me...but the stupid chick in charge growled at me. for fuck's sake she was not there being crushed by the crowd. i'm 5'7" and i'm not petite (but i weigh under 3 figures so i'm not a boombata either) and my judgement said call for help...stupid bitch...

the boys restored order after the call from the damsel in distress.

and here's my funny anecdote for the day...some old asian chick who spoke no english was trying to push her stolen shopping trolley with some minor purchases against the crowd and into the ensuing throng. she would not take no for an answer. so i put my foot under her wheel and she tried to run over it. some members of the crowd tried to egg her on. i yelled help to some strong looking brown boy next to me whose name i didn't know and he assisted me...we moved her aside and people could leave...i've concluded some people are idiots but i think i knew that already.

and here's my highlight. the german group whose name i forget were on the back of a bedford that either broke down or had no engine...i don't know which. but the sight of all those young brown boys pushing that thing stirred my loins...as wrong as that is i'm a red blooded girl with a penchant for brown boys..and girls...nice arses boys...in my opinion...

and on a minor note...top gear is being lambasted cos they put fake spyders in the ring for stunts..i don't care..they looked great and who would sacrifice spyders for thrills in this economic climate...get over it...

and swifts rule...they play great football..thanks top gear...i enjoyed you...

No comments: