Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 3, 2009

with apologies to alan gregg

as much as we all love wellington…currently the weather’s not so good. the wind has been cutting through me and it has definitely been raining more than it should. though, on the other hand, i'm not sure i'd be enjoying what's happening at the other end of the island. migraine inducing humidity.

yesterday I strolled along lambton quay with 6 12 and 13 year old boys. the suits and the briefcases were all there bustling along. we walked from te papa through manners mall (where they want to put buses, I wonder if the maccas renovations have this in mind). we went to the old cable car. I was telling the boys about how when I was younger we used to ride on the outside. some random uni student told us that his dad had told him that and I instantly felt ancient. and you know what? nowhere is very far. and. there is so much to do. after we had a look out over the city and went into the cable car museum we went back down and over to the museum of city and sea. we walked past all the cafes and bars (even starbucks which has foul coffee). and we also went into every skate shop along the way. it was an interesting day. timezone is nowhere near as interesting as when I was younger.

today, we went to bowling and lazer strike. and I won my game of lazer strike. out of 21 12 and 13 year olds. I didn’t remind them of it much. is it wrong to gloat? it didn’t even bother me that the 12 year old that won the first game (and who scored more than me) only had one arm (the other was in plaster). however, it did help that one of the boys in the opposition didn’t know how to play and was a very easy target. I must have killed him half a dozen times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you went to the old cable car, where exactly is the new one?

missrabbitty said...

the old one's in the museum...the new one goes up and down...